Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mort: Review


Mort by Terry Pratchett
Once Upon a Time II challenge.



Mort is the fourth book in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, which I’m compulsively trying to read in the order they were published.
I only started reading the Discworld novels last year, so it’s going to take me a while to get through all of them.
And, I have to say, I love the Discworld. I really do. I’d like to live there. Maybe not in Ankh-Morpork, but in some out-of-the-way corner maybe.
Anyway.
Mort is an awkward, gangly teenager, seemingly oversupplied with knees and elbows. So, of course, he’s the perfect apprentice for Death.
But it’s not very long before things start to go a bit astray. Death takes a job as a cook, and Mort shows a worrying tendency to TALK IN CAPITALS.
It’s a fast, funny ride through the Discworld, and the afterlife as Mort – and Death – sort themselves out after Mort commits the crucial error of saving the life of the person whose soul he was supposed to be collecting.

2 comments:

Ana S. said...

I'd live there too. Possibly in the Ramtops. Or somewhere in the Chalk. Or Uberwald.

I'm glad you enjoyed this book. The Death books are my favourites :)

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad i ran across this site.Added justaddbooks.blogspot.com to my bookmark!