Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Meme

Pinched from http://breathlessmind.blogspot.com/

1. One book that changed your life? Okay. Don't laugh. Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers. I read it just before I was about to make my first truly big shift and I was paralysed with fear. The message of the book resonated: you're going to be afraid. That's okay. It really helped me do what I needed to. Oh! And The Lord of the Rings. Opened up a whole genre to me.

2. One book you have read more than once?The Lord of the Rings.

3. One book you would want on a desert island? "How to Build a Boat Using Everyday Desert Island Items"

4. One book that made you laugh? Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

5. One book that made you cry? Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz. Yes, really. And The Horse Whisperererer

6. One book you wish had been written? How to Make a Million Dollars Even Though You're Crap With Money.

7. One book you wish had never had been written? Hmmmmmmm ... too close to censorship.

8. One book you are currently reading? Love in the Time of Cholera. I"m trying to smack the taste of the movie out of my mouth.

9. One book you have been meaning to read? Oh, gosh. Um ............. um ............ Not a specific book, but something by John Steinbeck. Anything. I've never read any of his books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read Feel the Fear but I do quote the title occasionally :)
"How to Build a Boat Using Everyday Desert Island Items" Hehe good answer!

Ally Jay said...

I haven't read the book but it's always been my mantra. especially when I was doing my training for the RNZN.