Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Two more challenges

As I said, I'm far too busy for this sort of carry on. So, naturally, I've decided to join at least two more challenges; possibly three if I can't talk myself out of joining the Southern Reading Challenge here:
http://maggiereads.blogspot.com/2008/05/southern-reading-challenge-yall.html

Anyway; the other two I have decided to poke a stick at are the Arthurian Challenge here:
http://arthurianchallenge.wordpress.com/ and I have more than 12 books, I think, but a few series, so here's my list:
The Once and Future King by T H White; crossed from Once Upon a Time II
The Idylls of the King by Alfred Lord Tennyson
The Arthurian Trilogy, plus The Wicked Day by Mary Stewart
The Dark is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper
The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell
The Pendragon Cycle by Stephen Lawhead
Avalon High by Meg Cabot
-I probably won't get through all of these (no, really) but I'll give it a shot ...

The other is the Orbis Terrarum Challenge hosted here:
http://exlibrisbb.blogspot.com/2008/03/orbis-terrarum-challenge.html
For some reason, it took mey days to come up with the nine books by nine authors from nine different countries; I have no idea why. Anyway. Here's what I have:
News of a Kidnapping by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Colombia)
Waiting by Ha Jin (Japan)
The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff (US)
On, Off by Colleen McCullough (Australia)
Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton (South Africa)
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella (Britain)
The Pirate's Daughter by Margaret Cezair-Thompson (Jamaica)
Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Jules Verne (France)
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco (Italy)

3 comments:

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

Welcome to the Orbis Terrarum Challenge!!! I saw your list and can't wait to see what you have to say about all those great books!

YAY! So glad you joined!

maggie moran said...

I hope you do join the southern eading challenge, Maree! I deleted your post today on the Southern Movie Meme at maggie reads b/c the rules stated to pick just one and well you got everyone you guessed which left me without a meme! ;D I hope you don't mind, and I'm sorry. I gave you credit for the GwtW movie, though.

Kerryn Angell said...

You should post about these on Kiwi Writers. I'm sure lots of people would be interested. :)