Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

Short bits

I finished a couple of books this week. Still not Space, but probably tonight or tomorrow _ it feels like I've been reading it for months, but it's also good to have my classics project back on track _ sort of.
The classic for September is A Moveable Feast, by Hemingway, and I found a copy last weekend on Trade Me. So now I'm just waiting for it to show up in the post.

I read Sail, by James Patterson and Howard Roughan and Beach House by Jane Green.
I liked Sail; it's a pretty good supense novel, with enough tension to keep you reading. It's not a great ohmygosh I can't believe it!!! suspense novel, but certainly good enough for a few nights' reading.

Beach House is very light. It's a great summer book, I think and Green's characters are very well-drawn. It's a smiley sort of a book, if that makes sense!

No comments: