Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Perfect ... on Paper: The Misadventures of Waverly Bryson by Maria Murnane


Waverly Bryson thinks her life is going pretty well. She has a great job, great friends and a nearly-perfect fiance. However, when her fiance Aaron calls off the wedding at the last minute, Waverley starts to realise that maybe her life isn't so perfect after all.

Perfect ... on Paper is fun, and funny. Waverly is extremely likable and very real; there were aspects of her that reminded me very much of people I know, so I felt like I was catching up with friends.

She makes very human mistakes and struggles with her life sometimes, her friends sometimes, and her job sometimes. And yet, for Waverly just like the rest of us, sometimes it all falls into place.

Especially when the gorgeous Jake shows up, although at first Waverly seems to just open her mouth to change her foot when she first meets him, which leads to some very funny exchanges.

The supporting characters are well-drawn, especially Waverly's best friends, and her father; I particularly liked the fact that, although they seemed to reach some kind of peace after not getting along, they didn't just automatically fall into each other's arms.

Perfect ... on Paper would be the perfect summer read.

3 comments:

Bookfool said...

I agree! It's a perfect summer read.

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Hi Maree - Just letting you know I've given you an award here on my blog!

Maria Murnane said...

Hi there! Just wanted to thank you for such a nice review of my book. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and really hope your readers will give it a try too! (Btw it is only available on Amazon-- just an fyi).

Bye!

Maria Murnane
Author of Perfect on Paper
www.mariamurnane.com