Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Fangirl ascendant


Which is now totally code for "I bought another book". Actually I dithered between "ascendant" and "rampant" but I stuck with ascendant, because it sounds better.
Anyway. Turns out, there's a sequel to one of my most favourite 2008 reads: The Vintner's Luck. It's called The Angel's Cut and I' think I've seen it before, but today was the first time I really had a good look at the cover.
And there, in the bookstore, another total fangirl moment. Luckily, it was a different bookstore than the del Toro moment. Also, luckily, it was payday because The Angel's Cut was $35.
It's weird. I'm hardly reading, but I've started buying books again. WHY can't I put my universe in the right order? Why????
Plus also, I don't have a fave 2009 read yet, which may be because I don't feel as though I'm reading as much. Seriously. The Vintner's Luck, and The Graveyard Book are so my favourites from last year that they're pretty much the only books I own that I will never lend anyone.
The Vintner's Luck has my second-favourite ever (after Lord of the Rings) closing line. It's gorgeous. And everyone should go read it. Like, you know, now.
(My fangirl is an 80s teenager. Sorry about that.)

No comments: