Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

The reading week



Question here, as always, here:
Um ... does it count that I finished The Strain last week? And Pawn of Prophecy. That's pretty good for me lately. I started The Owl Killers, and it's good, but it turns out I'm not in the mood for Medieval Moodiness. So I did what I commented on Nymeth's blog http://www.thingsmeanalot.com/ about doing, and started one of the books that she's reviewed, that I've said "Oh, I have that, but I haven't read it". I know. That sentence gives me a headache, too. The upshot is I'm readin Ella Enchanted, which is very sweet, and very good and light, and just what I need. Thanks Nymeth.
Happy reading, everyone! :)

13 comments:

Teddyree said...

Totally agree, no point forcing yourself to read something you're not in the mood for. Have a good week!

Ana S. said...

You are most welcome :D

Jess said...

I love the Ella movie, would love to read the book. Have a great week!

Ruth Schaller said...

I agree with ya too! Just set it aside for another day!

Happy reading! :D

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Some books you just have to be in the mood for. Happy Reading!

gautami tripathy said...

I too leave books halfway through and start another!

Here is my Monday post

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have Ella Enchanted, too, but haven't read it yet.

Anonymous said...

I can't force myself to read something I'm not into either... tried but just wasn't feeling it. My rule use to be if I purchased it I must read it whether I like it or not--- can't do that anymore. Wishing you a wonderful week!

Kristen said...

Love Ella Enchanted! :) It's never good to force yourself to read! So take it easy girl.

Unknown said...

You read the Strain!! Impressive!

Anonymous said...

Nona flat out loved "Ella Enchanted"!

Tea said...

That quote from Neil Gaimain's book, The Graveyard, is so powerful. Thanks for sharing it.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Glad you found a good book : )
Happy reading!