Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Readathon final meme (fashionably late)

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
For me, the first couple because I started before the official launch time. It was very very quiet - lol. I appreciated the people who dropped by to say hi in those hours :-)

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I really only finished two books: Memories of My Melancholy Whores, and The Forests of Hands and Teeth. They were both short though, so quick reads, and definitely engaging.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really, no. Great work like always. :D

4. What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon?
Everything. :D

5. How many books did you read?
Two.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
See answer to question two. :-)

7. Which book did you enjoy the most?
The Forest of Hands and Teeth.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
I enjoyed both but some of the themes in Whores were a little .... off.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year's Cheerleaders?
I wasn't this time, but I have been in the past. Relax, and have fun. Try and leave personal comments rather than generic, if you can.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Very likely. What role would you likely to be take next time? Not sure. Might do a little of both, maybe. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay another NZ reader! Wish I had found you during the #readathon. The 1am start was a little rough, fell asleep long before it! With work commitments I managed to finish off one book. Definitely taking a day off work for the next one! Congrats on making it to the end :)

Bybee said...

I didn't realize you were Readathoning, or I would have visited you!

Maree said...

Sharlene: Yay, another Kiwi! :D I don't blog very much these days, but I'm glad you did find me! Well done, I hope you had fun! Lol yeah, the 1am start is killer. It's why I tend to start earlier :-)

Bybee: Aw, you're here now! Hi! :D