Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fellowship of the Ring extremely late wrap-up post













I am super-late with this, and I think I missed the mid-month questions, but will forge ahead here with the last lot of FOTR questions posed by http://theliteraryomnivore.wordpress.com/

1. Since we’re dealing with a third of a novel, instead of the first novel in a series, do you find anything different? I never thought about it to be honest. The story broke in a natural place, and picks up naturally in The Two Towers.

2. Do Books One and Two have significant differences to you? None that I can think of, no.

3. Who’s your favorite character so far into the novel? Oh ... it's a tie for me, between Sam and Legolas. We named one of our cats after Sam, but Legolas was my first literary crush at the tender age of 14.

4. What surprised you the most? What always surprises me is how I always find new little gems in the re-reads. No matter how many times I revisit Middle Earth, there's always something new to discover. This time around, I'm mourning the passing of Lorien as the elves leave. And I've read it so many times before, but for some reason that's what's sticking with me.

5. What was your favorite scene? Hmmmm .... HMMMMM ... I'm not sure. Oh! Rivendell. Rivendell is always my favourite and I know it's not a scene, but the whole interlude at Rivendell, I love.

On to The Two Towers! :D

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Hooray! I'm glad you were able to find time to read this. And I totally agree with you about finding new gems on each reread. That happens to me every time, and I wonder, why didn't I notice *that* before?

Clare said...

I believe Legolas was everybody's first crush at some point. Thanks for playing!