Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lord of the Rings readalong: The Return of the King





Well here we are - it's beginning of the end of the journey. I hope you all have enjoyed taking it with us _ I know we've enjoyed the ride too! Thank you so much Eva, Teresa and Omnivore - this is so much fun!


(I slightly suck at html and linkages. If you go here: http://novelchallenges.blogspot.com/search/label/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Readalong you'll see the other wonderful bloggers I've been sharing this journey with <3)
(and I know - that's horribly, horribly lazy as well. I'm writing this at 2.30am so I don't forget - lol)
I'm still on The Two Towers, but that doesn't mean I can't post my ROTK questions for those of you who are further ahead than me.
So - here goes:
1) We're coming to the end of the quest. Where are you in your reading?
2) Have you read LOTR before? If so, what are you anticipating most re-reading in ROTK? (er ... try to avoid spoilers, although I suppose that question makes that a bit tricky)
3) If you're new to Middle Earth ... how has the experience been for you so far?
4) Who's your favourite character in ROTK?
5) Favourite scene?
6) How do you feel about the overall series now that we're getting near the end?'
7) Have you seen the movies? Have they coloured your reading of ROTK?
8) Does reading the books make you want to watch the movies, or run screaming in the other direction?
Okay. Check back mid-April - there'll be more :D

9 comments:

Clare said...

The HTML you're looking for for links is < a href="LINKURL" >LINK TEXT< /a >, without the spaces after the angle brackets. :) As for Mr. Linky, just copy-paste the following into the HTML part of your post- WordPress has a tab that simply says HTML, so I think Blogger has something like that too: < script type="text/javascript" src="http://www2.blenza.com/linkies/autolink.php?owner=theliteraryomnivore&postid=31Mar2010" >< /script > Again, remove the spaces after the angle brackets.

Thank you for putting these up early so I can schedule my post- I'm going to start on them right now, and come back to comment with the post.

And while you're very sweet to refer to me as Omnivore, my name is Clare. :)

Maree said...

Clare! I couldn't remember - thank you! :)

Teresa said...

Yay! ROTK time. I couldn't wait so I forged ahead and am now well into ROTK. I'm going to hold off and do a midpoint/intro post all at once. But I am so glad we did this!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I can't wait to start ROTK!

Care said...

makes me want to watch the movies all over again. LOVE your enthusiasm.

Jess - A Book Hoarder said...

I'm so happy and so sad. I can't wait to get into ROTK but then it's over...

Maree said...

Clare: Thank you again - your Mr Linky instructions are a saviour!

Teresa: I am too! I'm way behind on the actual reading, but I'm having a lot of fun!

jennysbooks: Yay! Enjoy! :D

Care: I think someone is planning a re-watch in March - either Clare or Teresa ... I'm always enthused about LOTR :D

Jess: I know what you mean. It's my favourite book, but oh, a little heartbreaking at the end

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit behind but plan to catch up on the reading this week.

Athira said...

I'm just getting to this book! Posted mine and linked it too! :) Can't wait to read this book!! :)