Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading?



















Meme here: http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/


I had another fairly productive (for me) reading weekend, because I stayed with my mother again on Saturday night.


I actually took three books with me – the Wraeththu omnibus, Madame Bovary, and Tomorrow, When the War Began.


I was halfway through the second book of Wraeththu, and since it was an omnibus edition, I just ... kept reading and finished the whole trilogy yesterday morning.


Some sort of lazy, half-assed short review will be forthcoming sometime, I'm sure. I did enjoy it, and it got stronger as it went along, culminating in a very enjoyable third book. I believe there's a second Wraeththu trilogy, so I'm keen to get hold of that.


I'm still halfway through Madame Bovary, and I'm hoping to read it this week, but I'm on nights until Friday, and the rest of my time at home is fairly consumed by Patrick, so we'll see.


Speaking of ... Tomorrow, When the War Began is something like 280 pages, and I've been reading it for more than a week. It's fairly representative of how slow my reading is going this year.


But I persist. :D So, hopefully this week, Madame Bovary and Tomorrow, When the War Began ...



Happy reading! :-)

7 comments:

NancyO said...

Madame Bovary is one of my all-time favorite reads -- I think I've read it about 6 or 7 times.

Enjoy your reading week. And nice meeting a fellow neurotic!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I can't believe I haven't read Madame Bovary yet!

I must!

Here's my reading week:

http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/its-monday-what-are-you-reading/

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You are reading some good books! Enjoy them - I need to get in some good reading time soon!

Anonymous said...

I read Tomorrow When the War Began during last fall's read-a-thon. I wish I would have read it during normal time as I think it's a book that should take a bit more time to read even if the plot is relatively fast paced. Hope you're enjoying it!

Eva said...

Patrick looks JUST like you in that photo! So precious! :D

Maree said...

Nancy: This is my first read, but I'm liking it!
Laurel-Rain: I hadn't read it before either.
Sheila: Thank you! :D
historyofshe I am enjoying it :-)
Eva!!!! Lol, thank you :D

AlleluiaLu said...

I know about slow reading this year! I've been trying to get through "Fortunata and Jacinta" by Benito Perez Galdos for a while now. I'm making progress, but still have almost 500 pages to go. Of course, I'm also reading "Clockwork Angel" by Cassandra Clare. I can't seem to just read one book at a time.

Anyway, I gave you an award! You can pick it up here:
http://bookendcrossing.blogspot.com/2010/09/award.html

Have a great day!