Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading?


















Your meme is here: http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/

By now, I would hope that I had finished Madame Bovary, finally, which is my first classic novel for my 12-month Diversity Classics challenge. At the time of writing, I had less than 70 pages to read.

So let's assume Madame Bovary is in the have-read pile. Up next for Diversity Classics is The Matriarch, by Witi Ihimaera :-)

I also finished For the Win by Cory Doctorow last week, and will do a short review of that as I have about three books that I can just do brief reviews for, and that's one of them. The other two are Tomorrow, When the War Began, and the third book of Storm Constantine's Wraeththu series.

Madame Bovary will get her very own review. :-)

As for what I am reading ... at work I have The Insatiable Moon, by David Riddell, which is my work-review read-at-teatime book. As for the rest ... my nightstand hasn't changed much, but I'm thinking a little Tolkien this week - I'm feeling the need for the familiar. So let's say The Two Towers. After that ... I have no idea. :)

Happy reading.

3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

I have been meaning to read Tomorrow, When the War Began for a while. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it. My Monday Report is here. Happy reading!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Great books for you! Have fun with the Classics Challenge it sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to your review of Madame Bovary. It has been a long time since I have read it!