Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

RIP V



















I do love a good scare. And this - http://www.stainlesssteeldroppings.com/r-eaders-i-mbibing-p-eril-challenge-v#more-1618 - is always the perfect excuse to dip into some hair-raising reads.

I didn't intend to sign up for Peril the First, but I couldn't decide between the books, so this is my list:
The Passage by Justin Cronin; Daylight by Elizabeth Knox (vampires!), Everything's Eventual by Stephen King, and Imagica by Clive Barker.

I'm also going to try and do the Peril on Screen - I've never seen the original Elm Street, and really want to. It also gives me an excuse to rewatch Psycho - lol.

Let the hair-raising begin!

12 comments:

Memory said...

DAYLIGHT's on my list, too! I'm really looking forward to it.

Maree said...

Me too :D Do you want to do a co-read? That might be fun ... :-)

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful choices. I wanna read The Passage!

Happy reading! Do check out the books I already read for RIP V. Also you will find my tentative read list.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Man, I haven't seen Psycho or the first Nightmare on Elm Street in forever. Both are fun choices for screening this time of year. Thanks for joining in with us.

Maree said...

gautami trpathy: I've been wanting to read it for a while, thank you! :D

Maree said...

Carl: I can't believe I've never seen the original Elm Street! I have Psycho already, so that's definitely on my watch list! :D

chrisa511 said...

Ooooh Imajica!!! Good one!! I haven't read that in years!! I really want to get back into Clive Barker. I used to love his books so much in my teens and early twenties. Haven't read him in awhile now. I'm going to try to read Mister B. Gone during RIP. And I just love your cover of The Passage!

Maree said...

The only Clive Barkers I've read are Coldheart Canyon, Mr B. Gone (which is interesting - lol) and a short story about hands rebelling ... lol

Anonymous said...

I loved The Passage! The cover of your book is much creepier looking than the one I read.

Anonymous said...

Yay for RIP's return! I'm trying to decide if I want to try Elizabeth Knox--I have heard such good things, but I don't like vampires anymore.

Kailana said...

I found Psycho so boring! lol My friend fell asleep when we watched it, actually...

Anonymous said...

My husband really wants me to read The Passage but I am still unsure.