Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Your meme is hosted here: http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/

I finally finished Order of the Phoenix. I struggle with that one because it's not my favourite Harry Potter and it's just so damn long! I just bought them all in Bloomsbury's lovely new imprint, so I've been treating myself to a re-read.

I like to take a break between Harrys, so I'm deciding right now what to read next.

I'm having a self-imposed library amnesty for the month of August, which is designed to make me read from my own bookshelves for a while. So far I've taken all my books back and haven't got any new ones out.

It also helped that I was mired in finishing OotP - lol.

Anyway. I've pulled three books from the bookshelf, and they're hanging out on my nightstand, along with Return of the King, which I've been meaning to re-read since ... last year. Erm.

The other books are Game of Thrones by George R R Martin, The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver and The Children's Book by A S Byatt. So ...  one of those.

Oh! And my at-work breaktime read this week is Finder's Shore by Anna Mackenzie - book three in the Sea  Wreck Stranger trilogy, and a Kiwi YA novel ... my poor challenge D: http://kiwiyachallenge.blogspot.com/ (I need to work on that).

Happy reading!

3 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I seem to be at the end of my library requests. Odd. Forced to turn to my own books....

Here's my It's Monday post for this week: It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
And don't forget to stop in and sign up to win in the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

Jenny said...

New imprint? Are the books new as well? New covers perhaps? Because that would excite me as much as if I actually ever intended to replace any of my Harry Potter books.

(Also: I like the fifth book. I like it! I don't care what anyone says!)

Maree said...

Deb: it's a curious thing, not having any library books in the house

Jenny: If I remember, I'll take a pic of the books. I really love the covers :-)