Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Nano and things

I'm nano-ing this year. For those of you going ... what? All is explained at the website: http://www.nanowrimo.org/


I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm there. Or something - lol.

I was reading The Honourable Schoolboy but started to get a bit bogged down and it was slow going, so I've abandoned it for now. I'm still picking at the Iliad, though.

So now I'm reading Kraken by China Mieville. It's another co-read with Jodie from http://bookgazing.dreamwidth.org/127713.html - we read Mieville's The City & The City (BREACH) together last year and had fun. Kraken is about a giant squid that goes missing, which - you can't really go wrong can you with a book like that. PLUS it has an awesome purple cover, and ... I haven't had enough sleep, clearly.

Anyways. Readathon was fun, yes? I'm thinking of maybe being a reader for the next one but then I get conflicted because Readathon is always short of cheerleaders but I'd love to do one where I just ... read, and eat. I shall ponder.

5 comments:

Jodie said...

Wuuut, cheers for Nano and our readathon!

Toni Wi said...

yay Kraken!! it's a book that really sticks with you I think XDD

Anonymous said...

Kraken was great. I hope you both enjoy it. I'll be nano-ing too so good luck to the both of us:)

Debi said...

Happy NaNo-ing!!!

cessie said...

Smiling a very big smile at your "I'm nano-ing this year... I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm there. Or something - lol."
I'm so in the same boat!! Good luck and most of all enjoy writing! I guess that's the most important of what we are doing!
I'm looking forward to it. If you wanna be buddies I'm cessie at NaNo (like I am on Twitter).

And Dewey's Readathon was so much fun yes... I loved participating :)