Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Finally finished a couple of books!

I finished Antony and Cleopatra by Colleen McCullough on Saturday and The Light Fantastic, by Terry Pratchett yesterday. Both very different reads but very good in their own way. After Antony and Cleopatra I'm ready to take a bit of a break from historical novels, so out of my review book collection for work I think I"m going to start The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz. Should be a fast read.
It's my day off tomorrow so hopefully we're going to go to the library so I can get out the third Discworld book.
I'm still picking away at Rebecca. I've got past the pivotal scene in the book _ the fancy dress party where she's manipulated by Mrs Danvers into dressing identically to Rebecca. I'm torn on the heroine. Part of me feels sorry for her, but part of me wants to slap her for being such a passive ninny and not going to her beloved Maxim and getting him to tell her exactly what happened. I might even get this one finished this week, although I realise that's probably optimistic! I got distracted by the Discworld. :)

1 comment:

hip hop beats said...

Maree, how was that cleopatra book?

Sound interesting. Im very interested in cleopatra. I may have to take a look at that book myself. Im a very fast reader so this should be good.

Hmm.. I wonder if Amazon has this book