Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Reading ... reading ...

I finished the Star Trek novel: Resistance. It wasn't bad. Good escapism. :)
I'm still reading Sense and Sensibility, and so far I prefer Pride and Prejudice, I think. These sisters are exhausting me! Especially Marianne.

Last night I started The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Antonia Fraser. Haven't got very far yet, but it looks promising.
I might give up on What-the-Dickens; I don't know that I'm enjoying it. I feel as though I'm waiting for something to happen and I'm halfway through the book!
This week, I'm going to make a TBR pile, and take a photo of it. Then I'll see how my progress goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maree,
I found your blog via the latest BTT - I'm a NZer too so your comment caught my eye. :)
I liked S&S, but wasn't a big fan of Marianne... I think Persuasion is more like P&P.
I've also read my share of Star Trek novels, mostly Voyager ones. It's a great world to escape into. :)

Maree said...

Hey there! I enjoyed Persuasion too, but it'll be a while before I read it again _ the one and only day of my pregnancy I was sick, I was reading that book!
I enjoy Voyager, too; I mostly read those, or The Next Generation novels. :)