Pages

Friday, February 1, 2008

Sense and Sensibility

Okay, the classic for this month is Sense and Sensibility, and I did start it yesterday. I'm running on very little sleep at the moment, however, and Jane Austen can be hard to concentrate on sometimes. Having said that, I love the very ... Englishness of it.

The country homes ... the dances ... the ... everything!

I've seen the Emma Thomson movie, which is very good and I've enjoyed the 20 or so pages I've read so far.

I ploughed through a quick read - Blood is the New Black; a somewhat quirky novel about vampires in the fashion industry. A speedy and fun read.
I'm still picking away at Nefertiti, but I haven't decided yet how much I like it. I have a thing for Nefertiti, so was excited to find the book, but .... I'm not sure yet.
Also reading What-the-Dickens, by Gregory Maguire, about a rogue tooth fairy. It's ... different. Not in a bad way. Just ... different.

No comments: