Weekly Geek 23

Saturday, November 1, 2008

This week the Geekers are asked to re-visit a favourite previous Weekly Geek.
Scanning the archives at
http://deweymonster.com/ I found this one: for Weekly Geeks 12, that I had a lot of fun with first time around.

It's a timely one for me to repeat as well, as I've just finished two books this week and I'm going to do this instead of reviewing them.

1) is Kaimira Book 1: The Sky Village by Nigel and Monk Ashland, a YA novel set in a troubled post-war future. Mei and Rom live on opposite sides of the world but are able to communicate through The Tree Book. Mei is travelling with The Sky Village: a village of interconnected hot-air balloons, while Rom is battling to keep himself and his sister Riley safe in Las Vegas. The official website is here: www.kaimriracode.com
2) is The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. There are many, many great reviews of this book out there, including Dewey's at http://deweymonster.com/?p=1033 and Nymeth's at http://thingsmeanalot.blogspot.com/2008/10/graveyard-book-by-neil-gaiman.html so instead of adding my own, I'm opening the floor to questions. Suffice to say, I loved it and want to stroke it and pat it, and keep it as a pet and carry it with me everywhere. I'm pretty sure it's my favourite book of 2008.
So, there you go. Ask away Weekly Geeks (please? pretty please? _ remember: comments = love).

3 comments:

{ Ali } at: November 1, 2008 at 5:08 PM said...

OK, I'll bite. I've heard great things about The Graveyard Book and Neil Gaiman in general, but the idea of a boy raised in a graveyard by dead people just does not appeal. Should I read it anyway? How much of a creepiness factor is there?

{ naida } at: November 2, 2008 at 5:43 AM said...

Great pick for WG.
For Kaimira Book 1, what made you read this book? How would you rate it? Do you recommend it?
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

{ Dewey } at: November 3, 2008 at 2:17 PM said...

Which characters did you love best in The Graveyard Book, and why?