It’s been awhile since we’ve done some serious WG bloghopping. So this week, let’s visit five other Weekly Geeks.
1. Using the WeeklyGeeks category here in my blog, find 5 Weekly Geeks you don’t know. The easiest way is probably to look at the Mr Linkies in my weekly Saturday posts.
2. Visit each of your 5 new blogpals and snoop around their blogs to find at least one thing you have in common.
3. In your blog, write a post, linking to your 5 new blogpals, about what you have in common with them.
4. Come back and sign Mr Linky.
5. As you run across other Weekly Geek posts (or deliberately seek them out) if you see anyone mentioned who has something in common with you, pay them a visit.
Okay. Here we go :)
First up is http://brideofthebookgod.wordpress.com/ Snooping around, I discovered that we have both read Heart-shaped Box by Joe Hill _ and totally loved it.
Second is Rhinoa at http://rhinoasramblings.blogspot.com/ We have similar tastes in books, but that's not the only thing we have in common. We also both have cats called Merlin. :)
Third is http://armenianodar.wordpress.com/ in her header she describes herself as a bookeater, and I can relate to that. If I'm reading something that I just can't put down, I think of myself as inhaling it.
Fourth is http://thewrittenword.wordpress.com/ Poking about in her blog, I noticed a post about the UK series Lost in Austen that she called an "I wantys". I can totally relate to that _ that Want! reaction. Plus, I want to see the series as well, but have no idea if/when it will ever show here.
Last, but certainly not least, is http://www.pussreboots.pair.com/blog/2008/11.html, who is planning to join the Read Your Own Books challenge for 2009. And despite swearing off reading challenges ... so am I. I have books upon books upon books so it would fit nicely.
Live long and prosper, Weekly Geeks!