Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Italong-ing and RIP VII




... oh my? I stumbled across the Italong on twitter and immediately poked my nose in because IT is one of the few Stephen King books I haven't read. I'm enjoying it but at the tender age of 41 I'm afraid of clowns.

Thanks for that Stephen King. No, really, thanks. It's very much old-school King, which is the best kind of King. The man knows how to tell a story. And to scare the white blood vessels out of you.

Anyway on to the next, yet equally awesome thing: Carl's annual R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril challenge: http://www.stainlesssteeldroppings.com/r-eaders-i-mbibing-p-eril-vii which always takes me by surprise - lol.

I always, inevitably, fail out of RIP, but as Carl says, it's all about having fun. So I've decided to go with Peril the Second, which is to read two books that fall into the categories. So I'm reading Dracula - for the first time - and sort of re-reading The Woman in White. I buzzed through the latter extremely quickly a few years ago for a Classic Circuit post but never really took the time to read it properly. I've been meaning to give it another go because I remember really enjoying what I did take in, and what better time than RIP?

Exactly. :D

8 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

LOL - I'm afraid of clowns too! Which is why I have avoided the IT challenge. Although it sure seems like a lot of fun people have joined! :--)

samantha.1020 said...

Yay for reading IT! Quite scary so far but good :) Enjoy!

Kristen M. said...

Three fantastic choices for RIP. Even if you read just one, you haven't failed! As for IT, I'm not sure that one will ever be on my TBR. ::shudder::

Care said...

I am loving IT - had no idea how good it would be! Have fun with RIP.

Debi said...

Ohhh, have fun with Dracula! I just read it for RIP a couple years ago...was afraid I wouldn't like it, but ended up loving it!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Yay, Dracula!!! Such an amazing book, my favorite. And Stephen King is always a good choice. That man can make you want to read with all the lights on. ;)

There is no failing here unless you just choose not to have fun. So don't do that...have Fun!!! :)

Anonymous said...

All these clown haters. *sigh*

It's the drains and sewers that have me worried!

Maree said...

rhapsody: The challenge does have a lot of fun people, I'm enjoying it! :D

Samantha: I'm loving it but it is creepy!

Kristen: I'm looking forward to getting stuck into RIP :-)

Care!!!! Heee! I'm loving it a lot. I do like a good chunky Stephen King book :D

Debi: I've never read it but I've had a copy for years so thought this was a good chance to give it a shot

Carl: I absolutely intend to have fun! :D :D

Jill: ;p to be fair, it's the clown IN the storm drains that's super creepy ;)