Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

It's Monday ...

... what are you reading?

Your meme is hosted by Sheila, here: http://bookjourney.net/

I finished Pet Sematary on Saturday, after making a pretty big push to get through the bulk of it. Yay for #gangstercats!

I'm trying to get back into a habit of reviewing books, so will post one up later in the week. Ultimately, though, I found it creepy and sad over out-and-out scary.

I've also dived into The Half-blood Prince for Sheila's Harry Potter readalong, and I'm hoping to have that series finished - if not by Sunday, then by next Wednesday, which is about when the readalong itself finishes.

I haven't reviewed the books or done any posts - I thought I might do a vlog right at the end, though, so ... stay tuned.

My lunchtime reading is Written in Red, by Anne Bishop. I remember inhaling the first three books of her Black Jewels series in one weekend several years ago (there are other books in that series but I haven't picked them up) and I loved it. Written in Red - while a very different book, is written in the same engaging way and all I want to do is sit down somehwere and consume it all in one go.

Coming up, of course, is The Deathly Hallows. Other than that I have The Miniaturist and Bel Canto out of the library. So possibly one of those, or maybe Keeper of the Keys, book two of the Cycle of Fire by Janny Wurts, a trilogy I somehow failed to finish many years ago but Ms Wurts is a favourite author from way back, so I'm excited to get back to that again.

What are you reading?

4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

I loved Written in Red and quickly devoured the next two books in the series. Now I am waiting, impatiently, for book 4. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Vasilly said...

You are on a roll with your reading! I've been meaning to reread the HP series, but haven't found the time to yet. Maybe this summer. Have a good week.

Maree said...

Kathy: It's a great, quick read. I'm really enjoying it.

Vasilly: I am!! it's great! The good thing with HP is that they are all quick reads relatively speaking. ;)

Kailana said...

I really want to read The Miniaturist!