Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Booking Through Thursday









We’ve all seen the lists, we’ve all thought, “I should really read that someday,” but for all of us, there are still books on “The List” that we haven’t actually gotten around to reading. Even though we know they’re fabulous. Even though we know that we’ll like them. Or that we’ll learn from them. Or just that they’re supposed to be worthy. We just … haven’t gotten around to them yet.
What’s the best book that YOU haven’t read yet?


Oops, I answered that wrong. Uhm ... one book on my should-read list is A Suitable Boy, by Vikram Seth. I have it, and I admire it greatly. It's on my classics list for the year, so hopefully it's one I can cross off.

I haven't done BTT for a while, but if there is one thing I do *heart* it's a list. I've let my Wednesday Wants slip lately, but here are the books I've added to my List (ie: a red indexed notebook that I've had for a very long time):


Austenland by Shannon Hale


Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King


Memoirs of a Master Forger by William Heaney (aka Graham Joyce)


An Evil Guest by Gene Wolfe


The Mystery of Grace by Charles de Lint


Lamentation by Ken Scholes


And here is my trusty notebook:



Not much to look at, but really, really handy. :)

10 comments:

smariek said...

I've been meaning to get to Beekeeper's Apprentice. I've only read 2 of her other novels (Locked Rooms, and Keeping Watch).

My BTT is here

Robin M said...

Oh my gosh a new Charles de lint. Yeah! You just made my day, err night. Just put it on my wishlist. My BTT post is here

Anonymous said...

My dad raves about A Suitable Boy. I rave about Austenland. :) It was a lot of fun.

Yvonne said...

I love making lists, too! Love the cat pic! Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

I have Austenland on my wishlist. Hopefully I'll be able to grab it soon! :)

Anonymous said...

I have Austenland on Mt. TBR, but I'm waiting until I finish my Jane-a-thon (currently still in Emma) to read it, as well as The Jane Austen Book Club

Nise' said...

Austenland has come home from the library three times now and went back unread. Just too many books!

The Social Frog said...

I have not heard of any of those books, thats one thing I like about BTT, I always find new books to put on my list of book I want to read :)
www.thesocialfrog.com

Staci said...

I really liked Austenland!! Great list!!

Anonymous said...

These are new to me. I'll have to add them to my list as well.