Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

The Reading Week





Sigh ... be still, my beating uterus. I love that photo of Patrick. It makes me want to go out and have lots more babies. At 37, of course, that's unlikely, but still ...

Um. Right. Books.

So, it's time for http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/'s weekly What Are You Reading on Mondays event.

This is my offering:

I actually had a relatively productive week last week. I finished Mrs Dalloway last weekend, Handle With Care during the week, and Austenland on Saturday night.

Loved the first, felt meh about the second, and really didn't like the third. Reviews are below. :)

On the cards for this week is The Adoration of Jenna Fox, which is shaping up pretty well so far, and ... oh. That's all I have. You know, that's why I'm finishing books _ because I'm reading them one at a time, instead of having three or four on the go at once.

Which is a very, very unnatural position for me to be in and I wll see what I can do about rectifying it. We did go to the library on Saturday, and even more unnaturally for me, I only got out four books.

Of those, I'm eyeing The Night Watch _ Russian vampires, I believe.
We'll see ....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOL! Too funny! Living with three teens takes it right out of me. Okay, technically Bill isn't a teen, but emotionally and mentally, he is.

If I had babies, there would be no way I'd get any reading done.

Maree said...

I have to admit, being a night owl does help with the reading. :)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Beautiful pic of the baby. Mine are all in their 20s and living on their own (YAY). I read whenever I want/can. So does my hubby.

Um, my WAYROM is up : )

Sherrie said...

Hi!
The baby is adorable! Your list of books sound interesting. I'll have to check them out. I read Austenland last week. I liked it! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

LOL Too funny about your 'beating uterus! Patrick is beautiful! Enjoy your reading week!

Ana S. said...

Aw, that's such a sweet picture.

I've heard great things about Jenna Fox...hope you enjoy it!

Staci said...

Jenna Fox is a must read for me this year. Look forward to what you think about it!! Only 4 books??? I wish I could practice that much self-control when I go to the library!!