Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

The reading week








Whoever said that being a mother means watching your heart walk around outside your body, had it spot on.


Please excuse the crazy hair _ he likes to put his breakfast through it _ not a very effective styling agent, I have to admit, but Patrick seems to like it.


Anyway. On to What are You Reading on Mondays? hosted by http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/ where we talk about what we have read, and what's coming up.

Believe it or not, I finished two books last week. Well. At the weekend.
I read Wyrd Sisters by Sir Terry Pratchett (review below) and Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf, my March classic, and the first one I've finished this year.

I loved it. I loved the language and I just wanted to ... fall into it and roll around for a bit, the way you do when there are lovely clean sheets on your bed ... or is that just me?

I'm still reading Travels Through France and Italy for the Try Something New mini-challenge, and I accidentally started Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult. It's not my fault. My co-worker who helps handle the book cupboard at work with me is on holiday. So it's left to me to open all the packages, with all of the lovely books.

So I tripped, and came home with five books, just today. I came home with Handle With Care last week, promising rashly to read it quickly.

Um. Probably something else as well, for the Once Upon a Time III challenge.

That's all, move along, nothing to see here ...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My eldest is a HUGE Terry Pratchett fan. Jimmy could never get into him, but Billy read as many as he could.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I'm a huge fan of Jodi Picoult but haven't read this one. I'll have to check this one out. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Kathleen said...

I totally know what you mean about accidentally starting a book!

Sandra said...

Patrick is a cutie. I have Mrs. Dalloway in my library and should hunt it up for the classics challenge myself. Thanks for the reminder. Happy reading.

Gavin said...

I think his hair is stunning and he is absolutely gorgeous! I have to add Wyrd Sisters to my ridiculously long TBR list. I Think I need to split it into two or three lists.

I left a surprise for you here:)

http://page247.wordpress.com/2009/03/24/sisterhood-is-powerful/

Nely said...

I aslo just recently read Handle with Care. I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Nely

Robin said...

I love Patrick's hair! It supposed to have breakfast in it! What a sweet smile...he keeps you busy, I'm sure.

Maree said...

Thanks :)
He gets in his hair ... his ears ... his eyes ... sigh ...
Nely: I'm about three-quarters through, so should have a review in the next few days.
Gavin and Robin: everyone comments on his hair _ it's very fine, and thick, and has been since he was born.
He gets curls when it gets long :)
Which I then heartlessly have cut off, because it tickles the back of his neck :(

Maree said...

Thanks :)
He gets in his hair ... his ears ... his eyes ... sigh ...
Nely: I'm about three-quarters through, so should have a review in the next few days.
Gavin and Robin: everyone comments on his hair _ it's very fine, and thick, and has been since he was born.
He gets curls when it gets long :)
Which I then heartlessly have cut off, because it tickles the back of his neck :(
Sandra: that reminds me, I haven't written a review of it yet.