Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's Monday

I'm really, really trying not to do just once-a-week meme posts, but sometimes my week runs away from me, pointing and laughing and that's the result.

Could be worse.

Anyway. Your meme is hosted here: http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/

I finished Billy Crystal's book, Still Foolin' 'Em and it was pretty good. Very Billy Crystal, with lots of self-deprecating anecdotes about aging and Hollywood.

I still have The Dream Thieves on the boil but there's something about it I can't attach to. I don't know what because I really enjoyed The Raven Boys. I'm going to try and persist though.

I started The Gospel of Loki by Joanna Harris yesterday, and I only have until Thursday to read it because it's due back at the library. So far so good.

What are you reading?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I have meme only weeks. I figure blogging needs to be mostly about me, so I've come to term with it. Hope you have a great week. You can check out my Monday here

http://www.kyliesreads.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_10.html

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

May you have the last laugh!

Have a great reading week,
Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Erin @ Quixotic Magpie said...

I really liked The Dream Thieves, but I didn't like it as much as The Raven Boys! I started to warm up to it at the end a little more. Billy Crystal's book had to be a fun read!

Kailana said...

Sometimes I just do memes and even if I feel bad about it, at least I posted something!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my Monday post! The Raven Boys has been on my to-read list for ages now; I'm hoping to get to it soon. I know that feeling of liking the first book in a series but experiencing a kind of "sophmore slump". Hope you enjoy the rest of the book! Have a great week.

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

I definitely have weeks where this is the only thing I post. I've learned to live with it. Real life has to take priority! Enjoy your week!

Maree said...

Kylie: I figure it happens sometimes. Thanks :-)

Shelley: Lol thank you! :D

Magpie: Once again, The Dream Thieves had to go back to the library. Billy Crystal's book was very interesting yes. :-)

Kailana: That's how I'm choosing to look at it! :D

Audrey: I hope so too! Thanks! :D

Jen: I figure at least it's something - lol. Thanks! :D