Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another challenge




What? Oh shut up. Details are here:


And I'm doing ... the easiest one. So Peril the Third. So one book from any of the sub-genres. And maybe the short story thing as well, because I have a book of Roald Dahl short stories somewhere ...


And THIS time I'm not making a list of books. I'm just going to let a suitable book fall into my hands. OR I'm going to re-read The Stand by Stephen King because I've been meaning to anyway.

Go forth, Readers and Imbibe some Peril ....

(Sorry. It's 1.30am here and I'm a little loopy - well, loopier than usual anyway).

7 comments:

Jodie said...

Yay another imbiber (is there such a word?)!

Carl V. Anderson said...

I think imbiber is a word. If not, we'll make it one!

I love the idea of letting a suitable book fall into your hands. There are so many wonderful ones out there that I have no doubt one will make its way to you. And Roald Dahl has some excellent R.I.P. appropriate short stories! Love his work.

DesLily said...

what a great idea.. i think I do that to some degree.. i commit to ONE and then read more.. the only reason I have a list is to remind me of what books I have that "fit the challenge"

Becky said...

I'm considering reading The Stand but I'm a little intimidated too :) I think I need a few people to help motivate me ;)

I like the idea of letting books come to you.

Maree said...

Jodie: I'm pretty sure it is. And if it wasn't; it is now :)
Carl: That's what I'm hoping. :) I love Roald Dahl too, but I haven't read any in years.
DesLily: Thanks :)
Becky: The Stand is fantastic. It's long, but it's really easy to read. I hope you pick it up. :D

gautami tripathy said...

Stephen King is a good choice!

Here is my RIP IV read list

Anonymous said...

loopy is good.