Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The road goes ever on and on ...













I am horribly late to this part of the challenge, and I'm still reading The Hobbit, so I'm horribly behind as well. However. Questions for this part of the readalong can be found here:

http://theliteraryomnivore.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/challenge-the-lord-of-the-rings-readalong-part-2/

1. If you’ve been with us since the beginning, how do you feel about the narrator compared to the narrator in The Hobbit?
It's a more grown-up tale, so the narrative is more grown-up as well. I would imagine some people might have trouble with the slightly formal tone, but I love it.

2. How’s your pace going? Is it smooth sailing or have you found passages that are difficult to get through?
Um ... See above. Still on The Hobbit.

3. If you’ve read this series before, is The Fellowship of the Ring, for the most part, as you remembered? If not, is it what you expected or something else?
I'm sure it will be _ I started re-reading LOTR in 2007, and finished it ... last year? so it's reasonably fresh in my mind. There's always new discoveries to be made, though.

4. Are you using any of the extra features- maps and indexes, for instance- in your book?
I never look at the maps, I have no sense of direction at all, but I'll probably reference the appendices. :)

3 comments:

J.G. said...

Hope you're making some progress, and enjoying the journey!

Care said...

And, isn't this the best attitude to have about most things "always new discoveries to be made"
Yes. Glad you are enjoying it.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know that I only just started FotR yesterday. You're not alone! ♥