Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading?

















I am thisclose to finishing The Enchantment of Flesh and Spirit, Book one of the Wraeththu by Storm Constantine. Like, I have about 25 pages left to go. \o/

After that, I'm thinking back to American Gods - my readalong has been an epic fail, but I'm still going to finish the book, because I love it so much.

I have For the Win! by Cory Doctorow on the go as well - it's a review book for work. I've never read Doctorow and I'm only 20 or so pages in, but I'm enjoying it so far. :-)

I took pictures of my bookcases yesterday, with the intention of doing a post about Why I'm Having a Book-buying Ban ... obviously I haven't done the post yet, but it's on my list ...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

American Gods has been sitting on my book shelf for about a year, my brother bought it for me and I think he has given up telling me to read it! I have been meaning to, but my reading pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger! Have a great reading week!
Hugs, Bethxx

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I did that a couple of times, Beth...took pictures of my TBR piles. It took several shots to get them all!

And then I started the blog you just visited (thanks, by the way), as a way of documenting my journey through the stacks.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Your cat is adorable. Hope you have a good week in books :)

Lydia said...

My bookcases are currently groaning with their overload so I feel your pain!

Here is my Monday!

gautami tripathy said...

I loved American Gods!

Have a great reading week ahead!
Here are my Monday: Mailbox/Whereabouts and Musing Mondays posts!

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

I need a book buying ban! And a library check out ban! And my kids need to stop bothering while I am reading ban!!
thanks for visiting my blog...have a great reading week.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your book buying ban, I haven't managed that once yet. There is always something clamoring for attention despite all the unread books at home.

Jodie said...

How did For The Win go? I hear it mixedness about it (but then, when don't I - that difference of opinion is what makes the book blogging world so ace).

Maree said...

Thanks everyone! Jodie - I'm still only 20 pages into it, so I can't judge yet - lol.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I haven't read American Gods - it sounds like it is good!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I love the picture of your cat!!!! The look on that face is priceless, mine does the same thing...the only difference being mine would be ON the computer, lol.

Have a great reading week :)