Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Some things

Lol I had a whole post in my head, I would swear I did. I wonder where it went ...

Anyway.

Thing the first: As some of you may or may not know I'm reading along with Care of http://bkclubcare.wordpress.com/ for Nat's Murakami challenge - http://murakamichallenge.blogspot.com/ - we're reading The Windup Bird Chronicle.

I can say that Care is well ahead of me at this stage and that I have just read one of the grossest things I have ever read in a book. Apart from that it's good. Engaging and quirky and smart which I like because it's engaging my dusty brain cells - lol.

Next month is a readalong of The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simmons with Marg of http://readingadventures.blogspot.com/ and Bree at http://1girl2manybooks.wordpress.com/

Good times!!! :D :D :D

In August I'm toying with doing an Austen in August thing. Mostly because I want to re-read Persuasion - lol. I'll muse on that one, though.

I also want to have a month where I only read from my own shelves - so a kind of four-week amnesty on library books. Mmmmaybe. :D

7 comments:

Eva said...

I'm curious abt The Bronze Horseman! I have a couple stanzas of that poem memorised. :)

Michelle said...

I was also looking to do a month of reading my own books. Nothing but those I've purchased on my own for no other reason that to enjoy them - no review copies, no library books and NO guilt. Now, I just need to pick a month.

Happy Sunday!

She said...

Did the grossest thing in a book you've ever read have to do with Mongolians and torture? If so, I know exactly what you're talking about and totally agree.

Unknown said...

I have a similar (but slightly different) plan for my July reading... but I'll talk about that nearer the time ;)

Maree said...

Eva: I don't know the poem! I'm looking forward to the book :D

Michelle: Lol I need to pick a month too ...

She: Yes. yes it did DD:

Tony: very mysterious :-)

Jodie said...

I am wondering if it can be grosser than the kitty murder in 'Kafka on the Shore'...

Maree said...

Kitty murder? I don't want to know D: