Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

So I bought an eReader ...

This one, to be precise. It’s a Sony. And … that’s all I know about it really.

It’s awesome but it took forever to set up. It had two free ebooks on it – Around the World in 80 Days and The Jungle Book. I bought Bleak House and I’m a few chapters in – mostly reading in the car and waiting at the bus stop after work.

I bought Bleak House on a rather obscure impulse – I had always thought I didn’t like Dickens after not liking Great Expectations at uni, or The Old Curiosity Shoppe when I tried to read that a few years ago.

Bleak House, however, is fascinating and I’m riveted. I have no idea what’s going on, but I don’t even care.

I’ve promised myself to at least try and finish one ebook before buying the next one, and Bleak House is big enough that it’s going to be a while.

Plus, I’m saving my hard-earned for Sherlock – season two and both soundtracks, all of which will be available on amazon UK on Feb 27 (er, Tuesday my time). I’m just waiting for the season 2 soundtrack so I can get them all together.

Yes, I do have “I believe in Sherlock Holmes” and “I’m fighting John Watson’s war” t-shirts, why do you ask? :D

Speaking of reading, I’m ¾ of the way through 11.22.63 by Stephen King. I’m hoping to get it finished fairly early this week so I can dive in to my pile of library books.

It’s good; I’m liking it but I wish it had been edited a little more tightly. It’s a bit on the rambly side (yes, I know, it’s Stephen King but there’s rambly and then there’s WILL YOU GET ON WITH IT).

I’m still picking away (slowly) at my cross stitch rotation – at the moment I’m working on Patrick’s train and next up in the round is Circe. I’ve had a couple of weeks from the  Planet Pants but I’m hoping this one will be better.

I have tomorrow off, and I’m going to a friend’s place to watch the Oscars. We shall eat, stitch and pick at people’s outfits.

I’m looking forward to it. :-)

7 comments:

Care said...

Have fun watching the Oscars! You should tweet your fashion comments. I will be wearing my favorite jammies as I watch tonight. Used to be quite the event but since I don't go to as many movies anymore, I am finding myself ambivalent about it. Sad, really.

Kailana said...

Enjoy your e-reader! And have lots of fun watching the Oscars. I am not sure if I will watch or not. I very rarely go to the movies.

Maree said...

Care: I would absolutely tweet my reactions but my friend is on dialup - lol. It will be an analogue kind of a day :-)

Kailana: I go nearly every week; I love the movies. Thanks! :D

Jenny said...

Hope you have an awesome time watching the Oscars! I'm giving them a miss this year because I'm trying a new sleeping pattern BASED ON SCIENCE (but mainly because I want to try having two awake hours int he middle of the night) and can't stay up late enough for the show. But a cross-stitching Oscar party sounds really pleasant.

Sean Wright said...

Get Calibre for you desktop/laptop. It will make backing up your ebook library easy.

Oh and I hear you on 11.22.63, couldn't have cared less about JFK, just wanted the two main characters to get together.

Unknown said...

I also have this eReader and I absolutely love it. It's great that I can read my eBooks downloaded from All you can books on it. I have what to do in my spare time and it's so relaxing to read my favorite ones. I'm happy that I can find many free sites where to get them and not only.
Enjoy your device! What do you think about the Oscars?

Ondrej from Hunger Games Summary said...

E-Readers rock and it doesn't matter that much which brand you picked. They're especially handy when you want to read in less common environments, be it mass transportation or a beach.