Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Hobbit and Pinterest

I just finished re-reading The Hobbit for the ... let's say 100th time because I don't really know. I'm not going to review it but you all need to know that it's one of my favourite books, like, ever.

I read it first when I was about 12 and from then, it became my go-to book whenever I was home sick. I borrowed my brother's old copy which had a page missing but I didn't care.

I've gone through a couple more copies since then and my latest is the one on the left, with illustrations by Alan Lee. I have the Lord of the Rings of this set, too.

The movie opens next week and as much as I love the book, I'm ambiguous about the movie. I was super-excited when the Lord of the Rings were being made, I tracked all the news, bought the extended DVDs ... I love it all is what I'm trying to say.

And, don't get me wrong, I think Martin Freeman is perfect to play Bilbo, I just ... *sigh*. I wish it wasn't three movies. One movie would have me dancing in the aisles. I was even excited about two movies. But. Three movies. Plus I can't watch 3D because it makes me vertigo-y ... lol look at my first world problems ...

...
...

Anyway .... I have pinterest and embarrassingly, I've JUST worked out how it works and decided that it's awesome so follow me there: http://pinterest.com/justaddbooks/

:D

6 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

It took me forever to figure out how pinterest works, so don't be embarrassed - there are more of us out there than you know! :--)

Maree said...

It was a revelation - lol. Thanks! :D

Stormy said...

I just found your blog and this post, and I have to admit I breathed I sigh of relief! I honestly thought I was the only LOTR/Hobbit/Tolkien fan who was feeling not so over-the-moon about the movie! I'm sure it'll be great, but I am really just not in the mood for another trilogy. As much as I love the LOTR movies, watching them is emotionally exhausting! I wish they would just make an awesome stand-alone movie and leave it at that.

Maree said...

Hi! Welcome! :D :D Yes, exactly. I think The Hobbit would have been fantastic as one, great movie, but a second trilogy out of such a small book ... (I saw it on Thursday. I liked it, but didn't love it.)

Care said...

Merry Christmas! I had a dream last night that I was in New Zealand. I'll look for you in Pinterest.

Anonymous said...

Wow thаt was strаnge. I just wrotе an incredibly long сomment but after
Ι clicked submit my commеnt didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm
not writing all that over agаin. Anуways, just ωantеd to say supеrb
blοg!
Also visit my website ... small dogs adoption