Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Reading Week ... so late!


Oh, so late! It's Thursday.
The truth is, my reading has been bogged down for the past week or so. The last book I finished was Oxford Exit, last week, I think.

I'm still in the middle of Love in the Time of Cholera, which I'm trying to finish so I can start Stranger in a Strange Land and be all done for my new Classics list in January, which I haven't finalised yet. Still time.

I'm also still halfway through Just After Sunset, which I'm reading in bits and pieces at lunchtime mostly, when Patrick is captive in his highchair and he can't grab it (he loves books, but not for the same reason I do, yet).

I'm also reading The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette, which I'm trying to get finished because it was due back at the library on Monday. Luckily, it's a pretty speedy read, so I'm hoping to finish that tonight after work.

Then tomorrow I'm working 11.30am-7.30pm, so, providing nothing catches my attention on TV (no guarantees there, I swear sometimes I'd sit through a test pattern) I'm going to give Love in the Time of Cholera some much-needed attention, leaving just Just After Sunset for Saturday.

After that, I'll probably start Stranger in a Strange Land, on Sunday, with luck and a fair wind. And A Guide to the Birds of East Africa, which I've had on the boil for a while.

My goal is to try and read two books a week from now on. After I'm out of this mire, hopefully I can organise myself and make it happen.

2 comments:

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Good luck with your reading this month! That cat looks very evil - totally cute, but like he's hatching a plan to takeover the world evil :)

Maree said...

That's Misty the Mighty. And yeah ... she is kind of evil ...