Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Readathon!

It's that time of year again - readathon time.

I'm so very disorganised this time, I've only just thrown together a pile of books and some snacks.

And by "disorganised" I mean "spending too much time playing Plants v Zombies 2 and Candy Crush (damn you Candy Crush)".

But I have a pile now, and I have snacks, which will be more relevant tomorrow to me, because it's nearly midnight my time. I'm hoping/planning to  get a bit of reading done tonight, and then sleep and then more reading tomorrow. I won't be reading for a full 24 hours, but I will be here in spirit so

*\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/* *\o/*  here's a line of cheerleaders for you if you're taking part. Have fun! Read lots! Have more fun! :D

Anyway, here's the pile in question:



The books are, from top to bottom, Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin, Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, The World of Jeeves by P G Wodehouse, Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox, The Tricksters by Margaret Mahy and The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter.

The snacks (mmm snacks) are smoked paprika chips, crunchy M&Ms and Schweppes Sparking Duet - all of which will be saved for tomorrow. The corner of the couch by the cat is my reading spot, and the cat, who will probably be keeping me company, is Lily.

My plan tonight is to read until the first hour meme goes up, do the meme, get some sleep and pick up again in the morning.

I'm not, of course, going to read all of those books, I just like having options. I'm going to start with Winter's Tale and then just go from there. If I get through that and a few Jeeves short stories, I'll consider it a win.

Are you doing the readathon? What's your plan? What are you reading? :D

No comments: