Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

It's Monday

Meme hosted here: http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/2013/12/29/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-216/

I finished Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox on Saturday. Loved  it.

It's set in the same Southland as Knox's Dreamhunter/Dreamquake duo, but there are major differences. It's full of magic and wonder, though; two of my favourite things.

I'm still working through An Officer and a Spy by Robert Harris. But very slowly. There's something in it that I'm not connecting with.

However, I'm planning to start the New Year on Wednesday with The Luminaries, by Eleanor Catton.

What are you reading?

3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

I liked Mortal Fire but thought it was a complex and difficult read. I'm glad you loved it. Come see my Monday Report here. Happy reading and happy new year!

Kailana said...

Oh, if The Luminaries gets here in time, maybe I will start it on Wednesday, too. :) I bought it with my Christmas gift cards.

Maree said...

Kathy: It was a complex read for sure. Fascinating though.

Kailana: Yay!!! Let me know what you think :D