Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Well, here where I live, Spring is sprung–weeks early, even. Our lilac bush looks like it will have flowers by this time next week instead of in the middle of May as usual. The dogwood trees, the magnolia trees–all the flowering trees are flowering. The daffodils and crocuses are, if anything, starting to fade. It may only be April 24th but it is very definitely Spring and, allergies notwithstanding, I’m happy to welcome the change of season.

What I want to know, is:
Do your reading habits change in the Spring? Do you read gardening books? Even if you don’t have a garden? More light fiction than during the Winter? Less? Travel books? Light paperbacks you can stick in a knapsack?
Or do you pretty much read the same kinds of things in the Spring as you do the rest of the year?

Hmm ... well, it's heading into winter here, so let me think ... I don't think I do read seasonally. I certainly don't read gardening books, regardless of the season. Possibly during summer I gravitate more towards light reading, as sunny days are conducive to books that don't make you think too deeply. Otherwise, as always, it's whatever catches my fancy at the time. :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read seasonally, but it has nothing to do with the actual seasons and more to do with the fact that as someone who works in education my year is predictable in terms of the pressure both time and stress I'm under and my reading habits reflect this.

Melody said...

It's always my mood that will decide my choice of books to read next, it has nothing to do with the weather. ;)

Happy BTT!

Anonymous said...

I don't read seasonally either, that I've noticed, but I said the opposite to you - I think I'm more likely to read light stuff in winter when the weather gets depressing.
Have a good long weekend =)

Chrisbookarama said...

I thought of you guys down there and wondered how you'd answer! No big changes here either.

Paula Weston said...

I agree - my "seasonal" reading is more about moods and what's happening in my life than weather.

Trisha said...

Sorry to hear winter's headed your way. ;) I pick out what suits my mood also. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment today. Take care.

pussreboots said...

There are too many factors influencing my reading for the seasons to have too much of an effect on me. Happy BTT.

Maree said...

It's interesting to see what peoples thought processes are when they're deciding what to read.

Stephanie said...

I'm not much of a seasonal reader either. I generally tend to read whatever I want...whenever!

Happy Thursday!!

Marie Cloutier said...

your flower garden sounds so beautiful! lilacs and daffodils are my favorites. :-)

Linda Jacobs said...

Yeah, I'm just interested in a good book; it doesn't matter what the season is.

Paula Weston said...

Hello,

If you're interested, I've tagged you to play "page 123".

It's pretty straight forward. All you have to do is:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

It's a simpler version of the BTT meme of a few weeks' back!

Maree said...

Heh ... this is my first-ever tag! :)

LisaMM said...

I'm pretty much like you. My reading isn't determined by the seasons.