Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wheeeeeeeee ... or the sound of me losing my mind


After some resistance, I've decided to join a reading challenges. Oh. And another reading challenge ...
Because I don't have enough to do already.



One is the Once Upon a Time II challenge hosted here http://www.stainlesssteeldroppings.com/?p=863 and I've dithered for so long, that there's only a couple of months to go. But I can combine it with my June classic, which happens to be The Once and Future King, by T H White.
So here's my list:
The Once and Future King by T H White
Heir to the Shadows by Anne Bishop
Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
Mort by Terry Pratchett
Someplace to be Flying by Charles de Lint
I've decided to do Quest the Third, which entails reading five books from any or all of these: fantasy, folklore, fairytales and mythology. I'm fairly well covered, I think.
The quest is supposed to end on June 20 with a reading of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. However, since I live in New Zealand, it won't be midsummer. So I'm going to read The Tempest _ it's in keeping with the theme, and it's about change. Heading into midwinter here; we have faith that things will change and get better. So I think (I hope) The Tempest is a good fit. :)


1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Welcome! I am so glad you gave in to temptation and decided to join us. There certainly is plenty of time to get some good reading in on this one and you've picked some great books. I look forward to your reviews.