Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Banned books challenge


It's Banned Books Week, and I've decided to join the challenge, here: http://thebibliobrat.net/?page_id=1109
I'm late to the game, I know, but better late than never! My one and only plan for this challenge is to re-read To Kill a Mockingbird, which I've been meaning to do for the longest time.
And I want to read a banned/challenged book that I haven't read so ... Orlando by Virginia Woolf. Because I have it, and I loved Mrs Dalloway.
One of the best gifts my mother ever gave me was that she never, ever censored what I read. So, thanks mum. This challenge is for you, I guess. (Which means I might actually complete it ...)

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Hurray this is such a great challenge. I love hearing about other people who had free run reading, I'm so glad my parents never stopped me reading anything.