Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

BBAW Interview

Here's my interview with http://www.bookchickcity.com/ Check out her interview with me as well :)



1) You're a very recent books-blogger. What made you decide to take the plunge? And how did you come up with your blog name?
I had set up my blog for the purpose of running an online book club, but I soon found the book blogging community and realised that it was something I wanted to do. So, I researched other blogs and looked at what they were doing and based my blog around that. After a couple of weeks my blog had grown and began to include author interviews and book reviews. The name Book Chick City was difficult. My hubby and I played around with a few words and he came up with Book Chick City when I found the template I wanted to use.



2) Give us a pencil-sketch: a bit of a profile of who you are and what your daily life is like.
I love books and reading, as you know, but I also love going to the gym, playing golf, hiking and running (which I'm not doing too much of at the moment due to a knee injury). When I'm not doing all that I am blogging or reading. I'm also trying to write a novel, which is the main reason I gave up my job as a veterinary nurse.




3) What's the best thing you've found about the books-blogging community?
Everyone I have come across is really friendly and I love discussing books and looking at what others are reading. It's really fun and takes up far too much of my time, but I love it.




4) Going through your blogger profile (which makes me sound like a stalker) you list one of your interests as buying books (mine too!)In an average week, how many books do you buy?
I'm always buying books, which is silly as I have so many that I haven't read why do I need more?! I probably own about 1200 books and still I buy between 5-10 books per week. There is something inside me that has the compulsion to buy. I have an addictive personality whether it's to exercise, chocolate or books!




5) Would you say you had a favourite book? If so, what is it, and why?
This is a difficult question to answer as I have so many books that I absolutely love. But deep down I think that I know there is one that I love more than all of them and it's Dracula by Bram Stoker. I adore this book. I have four different copies and I have read it 3-4 times. Wuthering Heights is a very, very close second.




6) Going back to your profile ... your favourite movies list is eclectic. Out of those, which movie have you watched over and over again and not got tired of?
All the movies I list as favourites I never tire of watching. As well as books I love movies and I have just as many DVD's as I do books (about 1200). If I had to pick one then it would be An American Werewolf in London. I love this movie. It has great humour but is scary at the same time, a great mix and perfectly balanced. If you haven't seen it yet I would recommend it, just remember that it is twenty eight years old now, so it will look dated, but in my eyes it will always be brilliant!



7) You were nominated as best new blog for the BBAW. How does that feel?
Amazing!!! I just couldn't believe it when I received the email. I was stunned, surprised and so excited! I truly didn't expect it as I had only been blogging eight weeks, so I was really thrilled to received the nomination and very grateful to whoever nominated me.




8) You have a lot of reading challenges going on! How are they all going for you? Are you enjoying them all? What do you like about taking part in them?
He he, I know! When I first started blogging I just saw all these challenges and thought 'oooh I want to do that one, and that one, and that one!' Now I have nine, some I've started some I haven't but I've still got time to complete them all. I love it, it's fun!




9) Looking at your bookshelves (jealous!) do you try to collect series of books in the same format: ie: paperback/hardback/trade paperback, and by the same publishers, or is that not something you worry about?
Yes, I am very organised and a little obsessed with that. If I start a series then I really want to keep it in the same format and from the same publisher. This can sometimes be difficult of it's an old series and all I can find are a mix, but I just have to deal with it. If I'm buying a new series or one that hasn't been out long then I will buy the entire series in one go so I don't have that problem. Although, I have come unstuck before when the author changed publishing companies and they changed the books covers. That was very distressing!!! :)




10) Are you going to take part in the readathon in October?
I hope so. I don't know a lot about it yet other than we read and post all weekend. Sounds like a laugh. I don't know a lot about it yet other than we read and post all weekend. Sounds like a laugh. I have my All Hallows Eve event throughout October, so I'm not sure I can fit in both, but we will see.





And ... some photos :D






10 comments:

Casse AKA Catholic Kittie said...

woooah! Her bookshelf is a lot neater than mine. Congrats to her on the new blog nom! This was a great interview. Now I head over to see her interview of you.
Cheers!
--Casse--

Ryan said...

What a great interview of one of my favorite bloggers.

Maree said...

Casse: Thanks. I know, her bookshelf is tider than mine, too!
Ryan: Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

Unknown said...

Casse: I know, I know - I'm a neat freak ;)
Ryan: Ahh, you are just too sweet *blush* :)

gautami tripathy said...

Interesting answers. Good to know more about her.


BBAW: Interviewing myself

Ana S. said...

I love the picture with the dolphin! Book Chick City is new to me, so I'm off to check it out.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Dracula AND Wuthering Heights?! A girl after my own heart!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very organized shelves. Gives me something to aspire to.

Anna said...

One of my favorite new bloggers! You must join us for the Readathon. It's loads of fun!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous said...

awesome! Oh wait til she tries Read-A-Thon... I'm looking forward to doint the twitter side of that new for me this year - such fun!