Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Readathon - last meme






Only 10 minutes or so to go; I finally finished The Hobbit. Which pretty much took all day!!

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? About 3am, when I decided to get some sleep and then couldn't properly. Kept dreaming about blogging, and Twittering.


2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I loved re-reading The Hobbit. Also Under the Mountain is good, and short. :)
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. You guys are great. :)


4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Having the blog updated every hour, and the feeds.

5. How many books did you read? Two ... eventually.


6. What were the names of the books you read? Under the Mountain by Maurice Gee and The Hobbit by Tolkien.


7. Which book did you enjoy most? The Hobbit.



8. Which did you enjoy least? I only read two, and did enjoy both.


9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Stay enthusiastic, and find a way to keep track of the readers you visit. I totally lost track. Also Twittering is a good way to keep up and stay motivated.



10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Very. What role would you be likely to take next time? Hybrid, same as this time. :)

16 comments:

Eva said...

Congrats! You did great!

Blodeuedd said...

Congrats on crossing the finish line :D
You did great

tanabata said...

Congratulations! Well done on getting to the end.

jessi said...

Sounds like a fun 'thon. Great job on reading AND cheering! :)

Stacy said...

You did a wonderful job and I loved all the pictures along the way...what a cutie:)

Beth F said...

The Hobbit was good choice!

Anonymous said...

I so hope someone blogs about the Twittering experience! I feel like I missed a sideshow somewhere (but I don't want to be a Twit - you can't make me!)
Hope you had a great time (I don't think I got over here very often did I?)

Robin said...

Congratulations! Job well done! I love the Hobbit ... what a great choice for a read-a-thon.

Bybee said...

You were great...thanks for making me feel like I was really contributing even if I could only "bookend" the marathon.

joanna said...

Well done, you did really well! I haven't read The Hobbit but imagine it would be perfect for the read-a-thon. Glad you had a good time!

Maree said...

Thanks everyone _ I had a lot of fun and all the readers and cheerleaders were great.
Book Psmith: he is a cutie, but a dynamo!!!
Care: it was good to see you; there were a lot of readers to get around.
Thanks again! :)

Anonymous said...

Reading your summary makes me want to read The Hobbit again. It's been so long since I read that.

Maw Books said...

Great job! The Hobbit is the only Tolkein book that I've ever read.

Karen Beth said...

I have Tolkien on my TBR list but haven't had a chance to relax with fantasy yet this year. I'm glad you enjoyed it for the read-a-thon. Thanks for visiting my blog, also!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Wooo! You did great! Thanks for coming to visit my blog during the read-a-thon :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I wanted to thank you for coming by and cheering during the read-a-thon. I was focused on reading this time, but in October I hope to make the rounds as a hybrid participant as well. When I finally crashed for the night I kept dreaming about blogging and reading as well. :)