Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The reading week


What's on the go for the first week in November? Well, my November classic, Love in the Time of Cholera, for a start. I have read it before, about 13 years ago, so it's a fairly distant memory. I would have done One Hundred Years of Solitude but I only read that (for the third time mind you) last year. I have very vivid memories of it because I was reading it in May, just after we brought Patrick home from the hospital. :)

So that, and then I have a novel about the Knights Templar that I'm also going to start this week ... I think it's called Knights of the Black and the Red but it's all the way in the bedroom ("We're knights of the Round Table ... we dance whenever we're able") ... sorry ... and um ... it's by Some Guy.

I think those two books will take me through to the end of the week all right. I have two late shifts this week (which means working 5-1 instead of 4-12) and they kind of knock me for a few days, because I end up staying up so late trying to wind down. So this week I"m going to try just coming home, going to bed and reading for a bit, so I'm not up so freaking late (I'm talking 3am ... bleh).

I've also started mentally compiling my classics list for 2009.
So far I have
-The Woman in White by Wilke Collins
-Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
-The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
-Something by Grahame Greene (I haven't decided which one yet)
and ... I know no Dickens this time, and no Brontes. But that's about as far as I've got.
All ideas gratefully received _ any genre. :)

Have a great week everyone. :)

4 comments:

The Bookworm said...

I read Love in the Time of Cholera too. I was mixed in my feelings about that one. I havent read One Hundred Years of Solitude though.
Enjoy your reading :)

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Ana S. said...

I loved Love in the Time of Cholera. I look forward to your thoughts on it. And I like your list for 2009...I want to read The Woman in White next year too.

That's such a lovely picture of Chloe :D

Louise said...

Did you read Love in the Time of Cholera again yet? I read it last year for the first time and while I found it a great read, it did take me awhile to get through it and I felt it became slightly long around the ending.

Maree said...

Naida and Nymeth: Thanks :)
Yes, it's a nice picture of Chloe _ she's a pretty cat. :)
Bogsider: I started it a couple of nights ago but it's off to a slow start _ not the story, but the reader. :)