Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

What's one more challenge?

No, really. Oh, well _ I'm going to do it anyway, and it's only 3 books. I've been dithering for a while (as usual) and decided to just go for it (as usual).
It's the Southern Reading Challenge, hosted here: http://maggiereads.blogspot.com/2008/05/southern-reading-challenge-yall.html
My three books are:
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers (which I accidentally started today)

Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen, and The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice. Which I have read before, many years ago, but it's my favourite of all her novels. Her later ones ... eh. But I love the first three books of the Vampire series, and that one most of all.
If anyone sees any spare time running around, or what might be left of my mind ... let me know, kay? Thanks. :)

1 comment:

maggie moran said...

Good Choices, Maree! I remember reading THisLH during the summer a couple of years ago. Her fictional southern town and town folks gave me the feel of artist Edward Hopper, lots of white-washed buildings, shadows, and lonliness. It is tough but well worth the time.